From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Purging Gnome from the system
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 11:39:50
1 On Tuesday 12 September 2006 13:36, Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 12 September 2006 13:01, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 > > Imagine my surprise when remerging openoffice wants to pull
4 > > in half of gnome again. I can understand it needs gtk, I do
5 > > not understand why it wants evolution-data-server, gconf
6 > > and gnome-panel.
7 >
8 > Not sure (I don't use gnome nor openoffice), but I think it's
9 > the eds USE flag that wants to pull evolution-data-server in.
10 > Doing a
11 >
12 > USE="-eds" emerge -pv openoffice
13 >
14 > doesn't list evolution-data-server as a dependency.
15
16 So right now the score is
17 stupidity:1 alan:0
18
19 I'd looked at the flags for a good three minutes and somehow
20 managed to translate eds into esd in my head...
21
22 Thanks, this was one quick answer that I *really* needed!
23
24 alan
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list