From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Purging Gnome from the system
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 11:20:45
1 On Tuesday 12 September 2006 13:01, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > Imagine my surprise when remerging openoffice wants to pull in
4 > half of gnome again. I can understand it needs gtk, I do not
5 > understand why it wants evolution-data-server, gconf and
6 > gnome-panel.
7
8 Not sure (I don't use gnome nor openoffice), but I think it's the eds USE
9 flag that wants to pull evolution-data-server in. Doing a
10
11 USE="-eds" emerge -pv openoffice
12
13 doesn't list evolution-data-server as a dependency.
14
15 sorry, don't know about gnome-panel.
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list