From: Will Tomlinson <watomlinson@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] making bootable USB
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2014 19:50:44
1 On Mon, 1 Sep 2014 20:53:37 +0200
2 Christian Kruse <cjk@×××××××.ch> wrote:
3
4 > No, the current minimal ISO image can't be dd'ed to an USB
5 > stick. Tried it yesterday for a fresh install on a new box, it doesn't
6 > work. I used System Rescue CD then.
7 >
8 > Regards,
11 I have never used any other method to write the Gentoo minimal ISO to a
12 USB stick. And I also tried it on the most recent ISO as of yesterday
13 with no issues. I'm curious why there seems to be so much difference in
14 opinion on this. Maybe certain hardware doesn't work with this method?
15 I'm just guessing here as I can't seem to reproduce the problem.
16
17 As for your issue Joseph, have you tried using a tool like unetbootin?
18 It would certainly simplify the process for you. I am a CLI purist at
19 heart, but there comes a point where I would rather just get something
20 done than stick to my ideals.
23 Will Tomlinson