From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting up a local web server
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 23:04:54
1 On 4/1/2011 12:56 PM, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Friday 01 April 2011 13:18:39 Stéphane Guedon wrote:
3 >
4 >> I have APACHE2_OPTS="-D DEFAULT_VHOST -D INFO -D LANGUAGE -D PHP5"
5 >>
6 >> you should try at least language and php5 !
7 >
8 > That missing 5 is important - thanks.
9 >
10 > Then, however, I got this:
11 >
12 > * apache2 has detected an error in your setup:
13 > apache2: Syntax error on line 149 of /etc/apache2/httpd.conf: Syntax error on
14 > line 4 of /etc/apache2/modules.d/70_mod_php5.conf: Cannot load
15 > /usr/lib/apache2/modules/libphp5.so into server:
16 > /usr/lib/apache2/modules/libphp5.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file
17 > or directory
18 >
19 > That's after emerge -Cv apache and removing by hand all files and directories
20 > left behind by emerge. Same with php. Then I reinstalled both apache and php but
21 > without using the packages I had and all came right - thanks Stéphane.
22 >
23 > This is connected with the other thread I've written to today, about using my
24 > workstation as an emerge server. A complication I didn't mention there is that
25 > both make.conf and package.use have to be identical in the chroot and the target
26 > system nfs-mounted under it. I must have got them out of step at some stage.
27 >
28 > Incidentally, apache is wrong to complain of syntax errors - they're errors of
29 > configuration, not syntax.
32 Apache doesn't recognize the syntax, therefore it's a syntax error.
33
34 dig you build php with an apache2 flag to enable the Apache module?
35
36 kashani