From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting up a local web server
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 19:58:12
1 On Friday 01 April 2011 13:18:39 Stéphane Guedon wrote:
2
3 > I have APACHE2_OPTS="-D DEFAULT_VHOST -D INFO -D LANGUAGE -D PHP5"
4 >
5 > you should try at least language and php5 !
6
7 That missing 5 is important - thanks.
8
9 Then, however, I got this:
10
11 * apache2 has detected an error in your setup:
12 apache2: Syntax error on line 149 of /etc/apache2/httpd.conf: Syntax error on
13 line 4 of /etc/apache2/modules.d/70_mod_php5.conf: Cannot load
14 /usr/lib/apache2/modules/libphp5.so into server:
15 /usr/lib/apache2/modules/libphp5.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file
16 or directory
17
18 That's after emerge -Cv apache and removing by hand all files and directories
19 left behind by emerge. Same with php. Then I reinstalled both apache and php but
20 without using the packages I had and all came right - thanks Stéphane.
21
22 This is connected with the other thread I've written to today, about using my
23 workstation as an emerge server. A complication I didn't mention there is that
24 both make.conf and package.use have to be identical in the chroot and the target
25 system nfs-mounted under it. I must have got them out of step at some stage.
26
27 Incidentally, apache is wrong to complain of syntax errors - they're errors of
28 configuration, not syntax.
31 Rgds
32 Peter