From: "Stéphane Guedon" <stephane@××××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting up a local web server
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 13:04:43
1 On Friday 01 April 2011 13:57:49 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > I want a box on my LAN to be a local web and database server. I've
5 > installed Apache, MySQL, PHP and phpmyadmin and I'm about to get
6 > phpmyadmin going. The problem is that Apache is displaying the contents of
7 > php files instead of interpreting them.
8 >
9 > What have I missed? I have USE="apache2 php" in make.conf and
10 > APACHE2_OPTS="-D PHP" in /etc/conf.d/apache2.
11 >
12 > (Why is it so hard to get a web server going in Gentoo? I remember having
13 > the same difficulty 18 months ago; it'd be good to be able to remember
14 > what I did. This is the one area I've found where the Gentoo documentation
15 > is weak - well, nonexistent actually. We ought to have an idiot's guide to
16 > getting started, at least.)
17
18 I have APACHE2_OPTS="-D DEFAULT_VHOST -D INFO -D LANGUAGE -D PHP5"
19
20 you should try at least language and php5 !
21
22 Don't know actually if it will help !
25 Stéphane Guedon
26 page web : http://www.22decembre.eu/
27 carte de visite : http://www.22decembre.eu/downloads/Stephane-Guedon.vcf
28 clé publique gpg : http://www.22decembre.eu/downloads/Stephane-Guedon.asc