From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Setting up a local web server
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 11:59:15
1 Hello list,
2
3 I want a box on my LAN to be a local web and database server. I've installed
4 Apache, MySQL, PHP and phpmyadmin and I'm about to get phpmyadmin going. The
5 problem is that Apache is displaying the contents of php files instead of
6 interpreting them.
7
8 What have I missed? I have USE="apache2 php" in make.conf and APACHE2_OPTS="-D
9 PHP" in /etc/conf.d/apache2.
10
11 (Why is it so hard to get a web server going in Gentoo? I remember having the
12 same difficulty 18 months ago; it'd be good to be able to remember what I did.
13 This is the one area I've found where the Gentoo documentation is weak - well,
14 nonexistent actually. We ought to have an idiot's guide to getting started, at
15 least.)
18 Rgds
19 Peter