From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage GUI interfaces...
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 20:06:18
1 chrome://messenger/locale/messengercompose/composeMsgs.properties:
2 > On 25 February 2010 11:40, BRM<bm_witness@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> I am interested in finding a GUI interface for working with portage, preferably for KDE4.
5 >> Namely b/c I am getting a little tired of having konsole windows open and not being able to keep track of where I am in the emerge update process - something a GUI _ought_ to be able to resolve.
6 >>
7 > I thought that in the window title bar, it will tell you something
8 > useful about the present emerge command?
9 >
10 > I switched from kde a little while ago, and now I mostly use frameless
11 > terminals in xfce (it ends up looking something like xmonad).
12 >
13 > I am pretty sure I used to have this in konsole, whether it was
14 > default or I had to tweak some settings to get it, I dunno. And if
15 > konsole can't do it, something can.
16 >
17 > (I'm not answering your exact question, I know, but if it's just an
18 > issue to know your status on an emerge process generally, like which
19 > package you are on and what number package it is out of the full
20 > emerge list running, the title bar can show you that.)
21 >
22 > Regards,
23 > daid
27 It used to do just what you said but it doesn't any more. I noticed
28 this a while back. I think it was after a portage upgrade but I'm not
29 sure. I just know that the info is not like it was and is pretty much
30 useless now. We all know that portage is in python. ;-)
31
32 Dale
33