From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] minimal installation CD iso is where?, &&
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2015 07:41:14
1 Am Wed, 5 Aug 2015 23:02:03 -0600
2 schrieb Jc García <jyo.garcia@×××××.com>:
3
4 [...]
5 > Also sourceforge is a pretty decent host for publishing open source
6 > software, it offers wikis, mailing list, code repositories, in fact
7 > various projects use it to develop open source, you might be talking
8 > about softonic.
9 [...]
10
11 Have you been paying attention to the tech news the past few months? See for
12 example https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SourceForge#Controversies, in particular
13 the part about project hijacking.
14
15 That article links to various sources, for example this statement by the NMap
16 project: http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2015/q2/194. Supposedly SF.net stopped
17 the "project mirroring", but it'll take a lot of work from them to repair the
18 damage their actions have done to their reputation, if that's at all
19 achievable.
20
21 Take away from the above what you will, but I don't trust SourceForge anymore.
24 Marc Joliet
25 --
26 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
27 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup