From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Are "push" backups flawed?
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 03:25:26
1 On Nov 12, 2011 2:17 AM, "Florian Philipp" <lists@×××××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > >
3 > > Just an illustration: My employer will soon do a PoC/Live Demo of this
4 > > product:
5 > >
6 > > http://www.atempo.com/products/liveBackup/features.asp
7 > >
8 > > Only an 'agent' lives inside the employee's workstation. It pushes all
9 > > writes to certain folders to the server, and able to request 'reverts'
10 > > to their local copy, but the server's archives are immutable.
11 > >
12 > > Unfortunately, said product only supports Windows and Macs. I'm still on
13 > > the lookout for something similar for Linux.
14 > >
15 > > (For pure text files, a git/mercurial server would be enough, though.)
16 > >
17 > > Rgds,
20 > Isn't Bacula something like this?
21 >
22 http://www.bacula.org/en/dev-manual/main/main/What_is_Bacula.html#SECTION00220000000000000000
23 >
24 > Hint: "File server" actually is the client that is backed up.
27 Thanks! I knew someone has created something similar for Linux, but the
28 name escaped my mind :-)
29
30 Rgds,