From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: WEFT Why Every F Time ?
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 00:12:43
1 On 17/04/2014 18:32, James wrote:
2 > Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon <at> gmail.com> writes:
5 >>> Is there another easy to use front end read/post to gentoo-user?
6 >> I never could get the hang of reading mail in a browser....
7 >
8 > Gmane is very nice. it mostly works. I noticed all the "WEFT" messages
9 > are gone (for now?)......Lars BUDDY!
10 >
11 >> I'm still very olde skool in these matters, so:
12 >> Subscribe directly to gentoo-user and pop your mail from gmail in a
13 >> regular mail client?
14 >
15 > pine? common Alan, your dating us old farts......
16
17 Well I did at least make a concession to new stuff and use a gui mail
18 client. Currently Thunderbird.
19
20 > alpine? (I guess is the current form/derivative of pine? REALLY?
21
22 Alpine itself is now abandonware and replaced with some other *pine* app :-)
26 > If you do this, you have to delete messages. With Gmane, I can ignore
27 > gentoo-user sporadically with no consequences. Also, If I can get to
28 > any browser, I can read and post to gentoo-user; which has saved my
29 > bacon on several occations.......
32 > What I was hoping for is some new fancy (ajax/ruby/?) frontend that
33 > works better than gmane.org............?
36 Hmmm, no, I got nothing for you there
40 Alan McKinnon
41 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com