From: Harald Arnesen <harald@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Out of order install - grub first
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 09:33:54
1 Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz> writes:
2
3 > On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 14:15:56 -0700
4 > Mark Knecht wrote:
5 >
6 >> Hi,
7 >> From experience I don't see this as a problem but I thought I'd ask.
8 >>
9 >> 1) I just installed Win XP
10 >>
11 >> 2) I'm going to install Gentoo
12 >>
13 >> 3) I plan to use grub to dual-boot
14 >>
15 >> Any reason I cannot install grub at the start of the Gentoo install
16 >> process instead of at the end? This would allow me to check that
17 >> Windows is still booting before I spend hours building the machine up
18 >> with Gentoo only to run into some sort of an issue with the way I've
19 >> got Windows on the box.
20 >>
21 > you'll need to get to the point where you can compile grub - ie up to
22 > stage 3 probably.
23
24 Not really. It can be installed from a live CD.
25 --
26 Hilsen Harald.
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list