From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Out of order install - grub first
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 21:33:35
1 you'll need to get to the point where you can compile grub - ie up to
2 stage 3 probably.
3
4 On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 14:15:56 -0700
5 Mark Knecht wrote:
6
7 > Hi,
8 > From experience I don't see this as a problem but I thought I'd ask.
9 >
10 > 1) I just installed Win XP
11 >
12 > 2) I'm going to install Gentoo
13 >
14 > 3) I plan to use grub to dual-boot
15 >
16 > Any reason I cannot install grub at the start of the Gentoo install
17 > process instead of at the end? This would allow me to check that
18 > Windows is still booting before I spend hours building the machine up
19 > with Gentoo only to run into some sort of an issue with the way I've
20 > got Windows on the box.
21 >
22 > OK?
23 >