From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How can I keep baselayout-1?
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 16:03:07
1 On Dec 8, 2011 9:46 PM, "Jarry" <mr.jarry@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > This server is ~50 miles away, and if I screw something
4 > and it does not boot up, I will have to go there and fix it
5 > on place. One small typo in ~50 config-files which must be
6 > updated is just enough to cause it...
9 That's why I no longer deploy baremetal servers these days. Always as a VM
10 on top of a hypervisor, with a small VM dedicated as an SSH tunnel. If I
11 mess up, I can use the hypervisor management tool to reboot the VM, or open
12 a console session, or even revert to a "known good" state.
13
14 Rgds,