From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ssmtp - How to set up
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 19:14:33
1 Paul Stear schrieb:
2 > Hi all,
3 > I have never got system messages, cron messages etc to work in gentoo. This
4 > really hasn't been a problem but the more progs I have running the more I
5 > think I should attempt to get this working. Especially elogs.
6 > I have ssmtp installed but not set up correctly, I have looked at the man page
7 > but I couldn't fathom out what exactly I needed to do to receive messages in
8 > my user account.
9
10 You want to receive mails on your user account on your local box?
11
12 This can't be done with SSMTP. As the description already says:
16 SSMTP can't do local delivery.
17
18 Now, you could setup your system so, that it sends the mail to some
19 other system and then you access that other system with POP3/IMAP
20 to get the mail. But that's of course not your local account.
21
22 Alexander Skwar
23 --
24 Q: Why does Washington have the most lawyers per capita and
25 New Jersey the most toxic waste dumps?
26 A: God gave New Jersey first choice.
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list