From: Florian Philipp <f.philipp@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Absymal IDE performance with gentoo-sources-2.6.22 and why hda instead of sda?
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 18:48:51
1 Am Mittwoch 11 Juli 2007 19:53 schrieb Alexander Skwar:
2 > · Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>:
3 > > Have you considered trying with those ata kernel params turned off?
4 >
5 > No, I haven't. But I'll consider this first thing tomorrow morning.
6 > Nothing bad can happen - besides an unbootable system ;) And that's
7 > "fine".
8 >
9 > Thanks for this idea!
10 >
11 > > You seem to know what you're doing,
12 >
13 > Thx.
14 >
15 > > but I use no such parameters and
16 > > haven't any problems.
17 >
18 > I think I was unable to boot without them in pre 2.6.21 times. But
19 > maybe this has changed. I'll find out.
20 >
21 > Thanks again,
22 >
23 > Alexander Skwar
24 > --
25 > I don't have any use for bodyguards, but I do have a specific use for two
26 > highly trained certified public accountants.
27 > -- Elvis Presley
28
29 I had the same problem two days ago on my laptop. You have to deactivate all
30 generic drivers in your kernel. Look for stuff like generic ATA support. The
31 info texts should give a hint about it being a generic driver for unsupported
32 hardware.