From: Kai Krakow <hurikhan77@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Shell echo missing after ctrl+c
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2017 11:07:18
1 Am Sun, 19 Mar 2017 05:40:09 -0500
2 schrieb Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>:
3
4 > Kai Krakow wrote:
5 > > Am Sun, 19 Mar 2017 04:12:38 -0500
6 > > schrieb Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>:
7 > >
8 > >> Kai Krakow wrote:
9 > [...]
10 > >> I don't have a solution but wanted to reply to say that this
11 > >> happens to me too. I have a regular desktop running KDE. I use
12 > >> Konsole for most of my command line activity. I've noticed that
13 > >> this happens with a lot of programs. It has been happening so
14 > >> long, I thought maybe it was the new way things are done. It is
15 > >> aggravating and confusing at times.
16 > >>
17 > >> You are not alone on this. I'm hoping someone will post a fix.
18 > > KDE with konsole here, too... But I don't think that's the common
19 > > denominator. It's also happening from PuTTY in Windows.
22 > I've likely had it happen on a regular console too. I have just got
23 > so used to it, I don't pay it any attention. I suspect this is a deep
24 > issue somewhere. Maybe even as low level as the kernel somehow or
25 > close to it.
26 >
27 > It will be interesting to see what it is tho. Given how long it has
28 > been doing it here at least, it's going to be a old commit/change
29 > which may be difficult to track back.
30
31 Well, I shouldn't say that probably, but some affected servers are
32 still running on 3.0 or 3.2 kernels. Only the rest of the system was
33 upgraded (mostly "glsa-check -f affected" only). So, I suspected an
34 issue because of old kernel but new user space tools.
35
36 But since some time ago my desktop machines are also affected (and those
37 are almost bleeding edge, with ~amd64 gentoo-sources).
38
39 So, more likely it's something in bash... Which is what I use. Which
40 shell do you use? I could try using zsh tho I absolutely hate how it
41 tries to be smarter about tab-completion and always steals trailing "/"
42 away - which especially with rsync and mv can do some serious damage or
43 at least unexpected results.
46 Regards,
47 Kai
48