From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kde login file ?
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 17:36:57
1 On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 17:25:49 +0000 (UTC), James wrote:
2
3 > When you run kde-4 on gentoo and use the kde-login-manager app
4 > are the login sessions recorded into a permanent or temporary file?
5 >
6 > I looked in /etc/kde ; /var/log/kdm.log and xdm.log
7 > and have found nothing.
8 >
9 > I did find /var/log/wtmp, but it is not in a human
10 > readable format?
11
12 last reads wtmp, but it includes all logins, whether through kdm, console
13 or SSH. The man page explains the options.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy.