From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] kde login file ?
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 17:28:33
1 Hello,
2
3 When you run kde-4 on gentoo and use the kde-login-manager app
4 are the login sessions recorded into a permanent or temporary file?
5
6 I looked in /etc/kde ; /var/log/kdm.log and xdm.log
7 and have found nothing.
8
9 I did find /var/log/wtmp, but it is not in a human
10 readable format?
11
12 I did see utmp in /etc/group
13 (utmp:x:406:)
14 so I guess I'm just not up on what going on here......
17 utmp or wtmp? What is standard for gentoo? running kde4?
18
19 I cannot seem to locate a login file.
20
21 Is the login file for kde4 standard across all(most) linux
22 distros for kde 4?
23
24 While I'm looking, where are the remote (ssh) login file
25 records usually kept on Gentoo?
26
27 Any discussion/education is most appreciated.
30 curiously,
31 James