From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I am tired of this one.
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 21:41:18
1 On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 2:29 PM, Willie Matthews
2 <matthews.willie@×××××.com> wrote:
3 <SNIP>
4 > Hey Mark,
5 >
6 > What technical information would you like me to post? I am not to good
7 > with troubleshooting.
8 >
9 > Driver Version is x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-302.17:0
10 >
11 > --
12 >
13 > Willie Matthews
14 > matthews.willie@×××××.com
15
16 If you're gonna be a Gentoo user you will develop more of those traits
17 over time.
18
19 That's the newest driver. As per Paul's suggestion you might try an older one.
20
21 Other than that post the contents of /etc/X11/xorg.conf as well as
22 your current xorg log file, most like /var/log/Xorg.0.log, but it
23 might have a different name.
24
25 As the 6150 seems to be an on-board GPU only used in specific nvidia
26 laptop chipsets I have no idea about it's specs. As you say it's not
27 CUDA-based I'm suspicious about mixing CUDA & non-CUDA and getting
28 good results. You might query the nouveau driver guys to see if they
29 support it. The 8400 is probably well supported there and likely
30 someone will know if they support old & new NVidia chips running
31 together.
32
33 Also, if you can get it to crash and are still able to ssh in then I'd
34 look closely at the X11 log file and see if it says anything, as well
35 as dmesg, etc. Maybe you're up against a kernel bug or something. (You
36 didn't tell us much about your setup...) ;-)
37
38 HTH,
39 Mark