From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: baselayout upgrade
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 16:03:27
1 Alex Schuster <wonko <at> wonkology.org> writes:
4 > > I went down the bl2/openrc path a long time ago and there were some
5 > > unpleasant moments. But overall it was ok.
6
7 > I had no trouble at all, but I may just have been lucky.
8
9 > > At the moment 'devfs' needs almost a freaking minute to start and I
10 > > have no clue why.
11
12 > Strange, there does not seem too much be going on in there, just some
13 > mounting of directories in /dev.
14 > When you add a "set -xv" in the /etc/init.d/devfs script, you will get
15 > debug output. So you can see where exactly something hangs.
18 Well thanks for the discussion, I guess folks are just
19 holding back to see if openrc(baselayout-2) can be stablized. For now
20 I'm sitting on the broken(?) baselayout-1 until somebody
21 pipes up and sings praises about baselayout-2.
22
23 (cluck_cluck_cluck whilst doing the flunky chicken dance)
26 thx,
27 James