From: Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] compressed filesystem
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2011 08:02:44
1 2.6.37 on one machine, and 2.6.39 on the other - those two corrupted
2 during bad shutdowns whilst writing to the FS (well, I am bad for
3 triggering the remote power OFF :)
4
5 Its not the corruption that was the issue, but that a wipe, reformat and
6 reload was the only fix. Cant remember the exact error - its been known
7 for awhile, but wasn't all that common when i searched for it.
8
9 If they get a set of usable tools, especially online fsck I'd go back to
10 it as having a drive offline for hours whilst checking reiserfs isn't
11 great (though at least it doesnt happen often)
12
13 BillK