From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Firefox and kernel panics.
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 21:11:07
1 Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > On 07/09/11 12:18, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> András Csányi wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> I had a similar problem but regarding Chromium. You can read about in
7 >>> this list "Chromium and everything" subject. May I ask which kernel do
8 >>> you use?
9 >>>
10 >>>
11 >>>
12 >> I remember the thread, even replied a couple times, but this is even
13 >> worse and happens when flash is not even installed. I unmerged flash
14 >> and it still crashes. Actually, mine is a kernel panic more than a
15 >> crash. My system generally locks up tight even when no web page is
18 >> Right now, I'm on 2.6.39-r2. At least this version works better than
19 >> the last .39 I tried.
22 > Apologies for having deleted most of the thread before I started paying
23 > attention, but did you already run memtest? I had a panic that would
24 > only occur when I was burning DVDs; in reality, I just never used all of
25 > my RAM otherwise and some rarely-touched chunk of it was bad.
30 No worries. Sometimes when you back up a bit, you may realize you
31 missed something. I did run memtest and it bad about 45 passes I think
32 with no errors. That takes a while when you have 16Gbs. o_O
33
34 Dale
35