From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Firefox and kernel panics.
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 20:06:22
1 On 07/09/11 12:18, Dale wrote:
2 > András Csányi wrote:
3 >>
4 >> I had a similar problem but regarding Chromium. You can read about in
5 >> this list "Chromium and everything" subject. May I ask which kernel do
6 >> you use?
10 > I remember the thread, even replied a couple times, but this is even
11 > worse and happens when flash is not even installed. I unmerged flash
12 > and it still crashes. Actually, mine is a kernel panic more than a
13 > crash. My system generally locks up tight even when no web page is
16 > Right now, I'm on 2.6.39-r2. At least this version works better than
17 > the last .39 I tried.
20 Apologies for having deleted most of the thread before I started paying
21 attention, but did you already run memtest? I had a panic that would
22 only occur when I was burning DVDs; in reality, I just never used all of
23 my RAM otherwise and some rarely-touched chunk of it was bad.