From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: systemd fails to mount nfs4 mounts
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2017 21:12:30
1 On 01/11/17 20:25, Daniel Frey wrote:
2 > On 10/29/2017 08:15 AM, Daniel Frey wrote:
3 >> Come to think of it, I'm going to look back and see if there was an
4 >> update around the time I started having problems. Maybe there was a
5 >> regression of some sort.
8 > So I bought a large SSD, and cloned to it. I'm not stuck with IMSM any
9 > more, but systemd still doesn't mount properly. Now that I don't have to
10 > deal with mdadm, I went back to openrc, and all is will. Although... it
11 > did take me a while to get rid of networkmanager.
12 >
13 What's the problem with mdadm and openrc?
14
15 That said, I've just been troubleshooting a right pain in the neck with
16 SUSE, Windows, and systemd on my laptop.
17
18 ANY trouble with your hard drives, and systemd dumps you in the recovery
19 console.
20
21 Windows WON'T SHUT DOWN PROPERLY most of the time.
22
23 And something messed up /home.
24
25 Easy enough to fix, when I eventually found out the cause. Run fsck on
26 /dev/sda8. Re-configure windows to tell it "shut down does NOT mean
27 hibernate, damn you!", and finally reboot actually got me into SUSE proper.
28
29 But I wish they'd document - and fix!!! - how to get systemd to mount
30 drives properly!!!
31
32 Cheers,
33 Wol