From: Adam Carter <Adam.Carter@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Networking Issue
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 02:04:55
1 > > > Any ideas? The /etc/conf.d/net file is very basic. All is has is
2 > > > config_eth1=("dhcp") then the wireless stuff. I could
3 > get eth1 to work
4 > > > if I manually assigned an address, but now that doesn't
5 > work either.
6 > > > Any help is appreciated.
7 > > You're sure that the Ethernet card is eth1 and not eth0?
10 > You can test which card is plugged in by typing 'mii-tool' from the
11 > command line (or install it if it's not there already).
12
13 I think mii-tool will only work with some older drivers, and ethtool is
14 probably a better bet.
15
16 Lets start at the beginning - what is displayed when you run ifconfig
17 -a?
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list