From: Alan <alan@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Networking Issue
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 20:12:45
1 On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 09:57:24PM +0200, Dan Johansson wrote:
2 > On Thursday 25 October 2007, Jonathan Haws wrote:
3 > > I am running Gentoo on a Sager NP5560 and am having a nightmare getting
4 > > the networking to work right. I finally have the Intel 2915ABG card
5 > > working just fine, but I cannot seem to get the Ethernet to work at all.
6 > > I have configured it for DHCP and it will not get an address. I have
7 > > other systems on the same network that get DHCP addresses just fine
8 > > (WinXP and Suse Linux). Here are some specs:
12 > > Kernel: 2.6.20.1
13 > >
14 > > Gentoo Linux
15 > >
16 > > Ethernet card: Realtek card using r8169 module
20 > > Any ideas? The /etc/conf.d/net file is very basic. All is has is
21 > > config_eth1=("dhcp") then the wireless stuff. I could get eth1 to work
22 > > if I manually assigned an address, but now that doesn't work either.
23 > > Any help is appreciated.
24 > You're sure that the Ethernet card is eth1 and not eth0?
27 You can test which card is plugged in by typing 'mii-tool' from the
28 command line (or install it if it's not there already).
33 Alan <alan@×××××.org> - http://arcterex.net
35 "Beware of computer programmers that carry screwdrivers." -- Unknown