From: Jakob Buchgraber <jakob.buchgraber@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge sys-apps/hwinfo-13.0 fails, missing function "dbus_connection_disconnect" in sys-apps/dbus-1.0.2
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 17:57:17
1 Håkon Alstadheim wrote:
2 > Emerge sys-apps/hwinfo-13.0 fails, missing function
3 > "dbus_connection_disconnect" ( should be in sys-apps/dbus-1.0.2 ?)
4 >
5 > I'm not really a C programmer but I tried replacing "disconnect" with
6 > "close" in that one call from hal.c in hwinfo. That makes it compile ok,
7 > but running it makes dbus complain that I'm not allowed to close a
8 > shared connection.
9 >
10 > The most logical explanation AFAICT is that this version of hwinfo
11 > expects some other version of dbus. Anybody have any hints ?
12 >
13 > Coming from SuSE I'm sort-of lost when I don't have hwinfo, I go there
14 > all the time to double-check what drivers I should use for disks, X
15 > (drm) and all manner of other things.
16 >
17 > The obvious replacement for "hwinfo --cpu" is "cat /proc/cpuinfo", but
18 > for the other stuff I feel like I'm stumbling in the dark...
21 hwinfo also doesn't compile on my notebook. Try downgrading to an older
22 version of dbus and checkout the changelog and the README file.
23
24 However there are a lot of other ways to get informations about your
25 hardware.
26 Just to name a few:
27 lspci
28 cat /proc/meminfo
29 cat /proc/modules
30 /proc/acpi/*
31 cat /proc/filesystems
32 cat /proc/sys/dev/cdrom/info
33 /proc/scsi/*
34 ...
35
36 You can also find a lot of information under /sys/
37
38 Cheers,
39 Jay
42 My system configuration (Gentoo Linux): http://www.linux-stats.org/index.php?c=userpage&sys=810