From: Drew <drew.kay@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why is the latest release 2006.1?
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 09:47:06
1 > > Once again, there should be some problem with my English. It is
2 > > official Gentoo release policy to have minimal, live, and platform
3 > > releases in sync. Posting a new image to forums is not that tightly
4 > > related to policies.
5 >
6 > No it's not, and I never suggested it was. As an Open Source project,
7 > ANYONE can build a new, unofficial image that supports brand new
8 > hardware. They don't need to wait for the full releng cycle of testing on
9 > all packages.
10
11 Perhaps.
12
13 But as I discovered late last year, being able to build an image that
14 supports your hardware is kinda impossible when you can't even install
15 Gentoo onto it in the first place using the images available.
16
17 Who'd have thought a Promise SATA300 TX4 would be unsupported in 2006.1?
20 -Drew
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list