From: "Sven Köhler" <skoehler@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: AMD64 Stability?
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 14:12:12
1 > Can anybody on this list indicate what kind of stability they have seen
2 > with AMD64 systems using Gentoo (the AMD 64-bit binaries)? How about
3 > the majority of ports in the portage tree?
4 >
5 > I realize this question will solicit relatively subjective responses,
6 > but I am interested in them all.
7
8 Maybe you should ask on gentoo's amd64 mailinglist?
9
10 Anyway: so the basic system was always quite stable. I never had problem
11 with console applications and i would use amd64 without any doubt for
12 server-systems.
13
14 My gnome-system was kind of unstable in the beginning. But now, after
15 some years, it's also very stable. But there are some problems
16 concerning browser-plugins. All the precompiled plugins like Java, Flash
17 etc. are not available for amd64-system. I don't know why, but i find
18 that quite ignorant.
21 Greetings,
22 Sven