From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Removing excessive stuff from profile
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 07:45:21
1 On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 11:42:47PM +0800, Andrew Lowe wrote
2
3 > Taking a lead from this, I went and changed my profile to be the
4 > default, no KDE or gnome, and hey presto, the emerge count went from
5 > about 250 down to about 35. It is currently building now.
6
7 I start my USE variable with "-*" and add in stuff that I need, i.e.
8
9 USECPU="mmx mmxext sse sse2 sse3 ssse3"
10 USEOTHER=" X a52 aac bzip2 cxx dga dri exif ffmpeg flac fortran gallium gif intel jpeg mng mp3 mpeg ncurses nptl nptlonly nsplugin offensive ogg opengl openrc png posix readline ssl theora threads tiff tools truetype vim-syntax vorbis xcomposite webm x264 xpm xv xvid zlib"
11 USE="-* ${USECPU} ${USEOTHER}"
12
13 ...plus I also have some entries in package.use
16 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
17 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications