From: Teresa and Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE Very Slow - Failed Sleep Command
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 20:54:57
1 Martins Steinbergs wrote:
5 >read ~/.xsession-errors
6 >maybe some hint there, once i had that file fill free space on /home with few
7 >GB 'cause busy filling errors
8 >
9 >before start KDE also try remove previous session saves, maybe there some
10 >sassion saved in bad state
11 >rm ~/.kde/share/config/session/*
17 You might also want to use top to see what, if anything, is using up
18 your CPU time. Also keep in mind that if the CPU is fairly idle that
19 the hard drive may be busy as well. I ran into this once before on a
20 really slow system and it was the updatedb program. It was nice'd
21 correctly but that doesn't apply to the hard drive. I read earlier that
22 they are working on that too though.
23
24 Just a thought.
25