From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Flashing BIOS with Windows utility
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 17:33:48
1 >> XP on a USB stick....  It sounds like a Windows machine is necessary
2 >> to build it, but once it's built it would be really handy.
3 >
4 > I have found my attempts at building this or a CD-based PE very frustrating
5 > indeed. It seems like an awful lot of aggro when you could just download
6 > exactly the same thing that someone else has already built, if only the
7 > license permitted it.
8 >
9 > Perhaps it's just seemed like a lot of work because it's never been a goal
10 > of mine to make a bootable Windows CD or USB stick - I've always been trying
11 > to build them in order to help me achieve some other goal, and it's been far
12 > more faffing about that I've been prepared to tolerate.
13 >
14 > There used  to be plenty of PE builds available by the usual pirate sites,
15 > but I have no idea whether that's still the case. I seem to be getting more
16 > efficient at not needing them.
17 >
18 > Stroller.
19