From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Flashing BIOS with Windows utility
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 22:58:12
1 On 19 Jan 2010, at 19:34, Grant wrote:
2 > ...
3 > XP on a USB stick.... It sounds like a Windows machine is necessary
4 > to build it, but once it's built it would be really handy.
5
6 I have found my attempts at building this or a CD-based PE very
7 frustrating indeed. It seems like an awful lot of aggro when you could
8 just download exactly the same thing that someone else has already
9 built, if only the license permitted it.
10
11 Perhaps it's just seemed like a lot of work because it's never been a
12 goal of mine to make a bootable Windows CD or USB stick - I've always
13 been trying to build them in order to help me achieve some other goal,
14 and it's been far more faffing about that I've been prepared to
15 tolerate.
16
17 There used to be plenty of PE builds available by the usual pirate
18 sites, but I have no idea whether that's still the case. I seem to be
19 getting more efficient at not needing them.
20
21 Stroller.