From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Flashing BIOS with Windows utility
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 19:34:34
1 >> I need to update the BIOS on my Biostar motherboard, but the utility
2 >> is said to be "Windows 2000 / XP / VISTA".  I've flashed the BIOS in
3 >> other systems by booting a FreeDOS CD, but that won't work for a
4 >> Windows (not DOS) flashing utility, will it?  I tried running the
5 >> utility via wine with no luck.
6 >>
7 >> - Grant
11 > http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/windows-pocket,1113.html
12
13 XP on a USB stick.... It sounds like a Windows machine is necessary
14 to build it, but once it's built it would be really handy.
15
16 - Grant