From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] upgrading from 2005 S1 to 2008.0?
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 14:52:40
1 On Tuesday 10 March 2009 16:40:32 Douglas J Hunley wrote:
2 > Is it possible to upgrade an existing 2005 S1 install to 2008.0? I gave it
3 > a quick try and ran into multiple issues. Before I expend hrs trying to
4 > make it work, does anyone know if it's an exercise in futility or not? Thx
5
6 You have not given sufficient information for even a half-way decent answer.
7 So I will thumb suck:
8
9 Is this an install from 2005 that has not been updated since? If so, forget
10 it, reinstall.
11
12 Is this an install from 2205 that has been updated regularly? If so, what's
13 the problem?
14
15 Is this some arb install from some arb point in time that is running a 2005
16 profile? If so, change the profile and emerge world.
17
18 Some other interpretation that has never crossed my bow?
21 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com