From: Simon Kellett <zoxed_c@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: OT - which X terminal do you use?
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 21:54:11
1 "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > Neil Bothwick wrote:
4 >...
5 > At home I use rxvt. Simple, very fast on startup.
6 >
7 > At work I use konsole. I like the "session" thing it has and the tabs,
8 > since I use a lot of interactive shell apps like python-ipython-octave
9 > at work they often comes quite handy.
10
11 If you like rxvt and tabs, then try mrxvt: I tried various terminals a
12 year or so ago and I am still very happy with mrxvt: and it is
13 developing fast.
14
15 I like:
16 - tabs, with k/b shortcuts to change quickly
17 - lightweight (run-time and compile time (only X libs))
18 - works on Linux (at home) and Solaris (at work)
19 - can easily configure colours, incl. tabs.
20
21 (I am not sure what the "session" thing you like is, but with mrxvt you
22 can pre-define commands in the config file to run in each different tab
23 when mrxvt is started; but you can not save a session from an existing
24 mrxvt.)
27 Simon Kellett, | Gentoo Linux, Fvwm, Firefox
28 Darmstadt, Germany | Xemacs, Vm, Gnus
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list