From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE won't start up....
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 14:37:44
1 Andrew Lowe wrote:
2
3 > I had a running KDE 4 setup and this afternoon did an:
4 >
5 > emerge -NuD world
6 >
7 > There were no errors reported, the kernel source had been updated, so I
8 > compiled the new kernel, and copied it into place, recompiled my nvidia
9 > driver and also evdev drivers and then rebooted the machine.
10
11 I prefer to emerge $( qlist -IC x11-drivers/ ), this makes sure all
12 relevant drivers are being re-compiled. Or emerge @x11-module-rebuild if
13 you are running the new portage.
14 But as you write there are no errors in Xorg.0.log, this cannot be your
15 problem.
16
17 Rename your .kde4 directory, or try to log in as another (new) user.
18 Let's see if this is a system-wide issue, or some KDE config screwup.
19
20 Wonko