From: Luis Ortiz <wichos@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Equaliser in xmms - does nt work
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 22:42:49
1 Alexey Starinsky wrote:
2 > Hello, all!
3 >
4 > May be that is a stupid question, but please, could someone do this
5 > check: try to tune equaliser in xmms in way that can be obviously
6 > heard, and listen, is there ANY difference in sound by turning it ON
7 > and OFF.
8 > I noticed that it does not work quite long period of time (after XMMS ebuild
9 > became split apart from XMMS plugins), but I thought it is just my
10 > bugs. Recently I installed new gentoo on totally diferent hardware,
11 > and ... surprise - no equaliser again - just the same sound, but it
12 > DID work long ago before! Re-emerging did not help. Revdep-rebuild -
13 > also didn't.
14 > Any ideas?
15 >
16 > ---
17 > WBR, Alex Stark
20 Try emerging the eq-xmms plugin (emerge eq-xmms). It will let you
21 equalize almost any type of files. Also, I think I read somewhere that
22 if you use the MAD MPEG decoder plugin (libxmmsmad.so), the equalizer
23 doesn't work with MP3. You can disable it in XMMS' preferences and use
24 MPEG Layer 1/2/3 Player (libmpg123.so) instead and the XMMS equalizer
25 will work with MP3.
26
27 -- Luis Ortiz
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list