From: Kris Kerwin <kkerwin@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Waaaaaay [OT] Windoze back-up. Sorry to ask. :-(
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 23:14:47
1 Dale,
2
3 I believe that the kernels have been able to write to NTFS safely for
4 some time, now.
5
6 In fact, as I recall from the last time that I built that
7 functionality into my own kernel, menuconfig said that there were
8 never any reported problems with the same code that has been in place
9 since 2.4. Since there were no reported problems, the code was
10 assumed stable.
11
12 In short: it's always been able to write safely.
13
14 Disclaimer:
15 IANALKHG
16 "I am not a linux kernel hacker guru"
17
18 Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
19
20 Kris
21