From: Floyd Anderson <f.a@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] In search of an truecolor-capable terminal emulator
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 16:35:03
1 On Mi, 26 Apr 04:55:46 +0200
2 tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
3 >I tried xfce4-terminal as suggested by Floyd...and got exactly the
4 >reversed timings. He found xfce4-terminal six times faster than
5 >urxvt and I got the reversed result.
6 See my previous response for this.
7 >If I could find the culprit on my box I would be happy with sakura
8 >and/or xfve4-terminal.
9 >Where can I start?
10 >What may be the reasons?
11 Just to clarify, I doesn’t suggest you to install/use xfce4-terminal.
12 It was only used as a reference by and for me. But since you could be
13 happy with xfce4-terminal, try to find out the reasons by:
14 - selecting a bitmap font
15 - turn off anti-aliasing
16 - turn off fancy visual/graphical stuff
17 - decrease the terminal size
18 for example and look if it hopefully makes any differences so you get a
19 basis for your next decision(s). :-)
22 Regards,
23 floyd