From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Changing names of LOTS of files, adding to them actually.
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 04:19:33
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Greets,
3 >
4 > I ran into a problem. I been downloading a lot of TV shows. I forgot
5 > to put a sort of important part in the names. This is what I have
6 > with the full path:
7 >
8 > /data/Movies/TV_Series/Person of Interest/Season 1, Episode 1 - Pilot.mp4
9 >
10 > This is what I need it to be:
11 >
12 > /data/Movies/TV_Series/Person of Interest/Person of Interest - Season
13 > 1, Episode 1 - Pilot.mp4
14 >
15 > Basically, I need to add the name of the show to the name of the
16 > file. They will all be added to the front of the names. They also
17 > almost all contain spaces, which means some fancy footwork with the \.
18 >
19 > Is there a way to do this? I have room to copy them to another
20 > directory if needed. I would sort of actually prefer it that way
21 > since if it messes up, I got the originals at least.
22 >
23 > Sorry I'm not real good at gawk, sed and all those things. I suspect
24 > those will be used tho. I am familiar with | and grep tho. ;-)
25 >
26 > Thoughts?
27 >
28 > Dale
29 >
30 > :-) :-)
34 I got them all changed, about 250 or so of them. Thanks to *all* for
35 the replies. I got to save and review some of the command line ones
36 too. May learn something. Sort of reminds me of my old Vic-20. O_O
37
38 Thanks much.
39
40 Dale
41
45 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!