From: Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] new box DRI problem : more
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 08:36:44
1 071031 Philip Webb wrote:
2 > 071030 James Ausmus wrote:
3 >> the media-libs/mesa-7.0.1 works fine
4 >> *IF* you apply the attached patch (either hack the ebuild
5 >> or CTRL-Z immediately after emerge gets done unpacking the source).
6 >> I had the same problem you did, did the Googling, found the patch
7 >> and everything works fine for me now.
8
9 I managed to hit ^z at the right moment & the emerge succeeded.
10 Afterwards, 'glxgears' ran safely revealing all of "1964 fps"
11 (it's 1491 with software acceleration on the new machine
12 & 1212 with h/ware acceleration on the current machine).
13 So thanks for the patch, but the big showstopper remains,
14 for which I will send another msg to the list.
18 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@××××××××××××××.ca
19 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
20 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list