From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] This nite's switch to "full multilib"
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 09:12:55
1 On Sunday 29 March 2015 20:12:45 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > ... I think Michael posted the correct cause up-thread:
4 >
5 > "If you're on stable, you'll need to keyword qt-4.8.6 in its entirety.
6 > You can't mix and match versions, and 4.8.6 is the only one that
7 > supports multilib."
8
9 Something needs clarifying here. Exactly who will need to keyword qt-4.8.6?
10
11 > So you probably want to add all current Qt4 packages to the list.
12 >
13 > We should probably start asking all posters with similar problems what
14 > is the output of
15 >
16 > grep -ir qt /etc/portage
17 >
18 > and help them remove all cruft that's getting in the way of a clean
19 > upgrade
20
21 Just to get you started, here's my list from a system that upgraded
22 smoothly:
23
24 $ grep qt /etc/portage/package.use
25 app-text/poppler cairo qt4
26 dev-qt/qtcore qt3support
27 dev-qt/qtdeclarative qt3support webkit
28 dev-qt/qtgui qt3support
29 dev-qt/qtopengl qt3support
30 dev-qt/qtsql mysql qt3support
31 dev-qt/qtwebkit icu
32
33 (Package.use is the only place where qt occurs.)
36 Rgds
37 Peter.