From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage: fixed or not???
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 20:52:41
1 To everyone in this thread: it would probably help if you specified
2 which version of portage you are running!
5 On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 16:34:00 +0100
6 Jarry wrote:
7
8 > Hi,
9 >
10 > there was a thread concerning portage/emerge being recently fixed
11 > and faster now (sorry, forgot original subject). Well, I was really
12 > impressed by that improvement, until today:
13 >
14 > "emerge --sync" takes again very long time, nearly freezing at 51%
15 > of "updating portage cache", cpu load is on 99% load, 25 minutes and
16 > I'm still waiting. And 2 days ago the whole "emerge --sync" took
17 > about 3-4 minutes! Anyone else having the same experience?
18 >
19 > Jarry
20 > --
21 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list