From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone using libreoffice 3.5.0.0 yet?
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 23:06:17
1 On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 5:43 PM, walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I just finished building it on my ~x86 and ~amd64 machines, and I'm
3 > seeing a very annoying bug in localc on both of them.
4 >
5 > When I do anything that requires the window to repaint, like scrolling
6 > or zooming, the screen doesn't repaint until I start clicking on the
7 > spreadsheet.  And then the screen repaints only in a rectangular area
8 > under the mouse, about 3 x 4 cm.  I have to click on every part of the
9 > sheet to get the whole thing properly redrawn.  Very strange, and very
10 > annoying.
11 >
12 > A quick test of lowriter doesn't seem to show the same problem.
13 >
14 > Can anyone confirm or deny?
15
16 Haven't seen it specifically with LO (and I don't have that version),
17 but I saw a similar quirk on Firefox 4 on Windows 7 when Aero was
18 disabled. It was bad enough that I had to re-enable Aero, despite the
19 other problems that gave me. I've interpreted this kind of bug as
20 developers spending too much time using compositing window systems,
21 and not catching (or forgetting) normal window painting events.
24 :wq