From: Allan Arguelles <allan@×××××××××××××.ph>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to stop mouse motion
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 08:08:08
1 I have this problem with my pc too. I have a razer copperhead, so its
2 not a cheap/crappy mouse problem for me. Best *quick* solution I found
3 was to turn the mouse over when I'm not using it.
4
5 Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto wrote:
6 > Hi. I have a crappy mouse made in China. One of its problems is that
7 > the mouse pointer sometimes moves even while the mouse is not moving.
8 > Usually this manifests by the pointer "shaking", moving back and
9 > forward one or two pixels very fast (it looks like some 5 times per
10 > second). The worst problem caused by this is that the monitor can
11 > wake up at seemingly random times.
12 >
13 > One solution would be to switch off the monitor every time I won't use
14 > it for a few minutes, but (AFAIK) this would waste energy and reduce
15 > lifetime. I want the DPMS modes of standby, suspend, off.
16 >
17 > Another solution would be to buy another mouse, but this would cost
18 > money and would not teach me the solution (this problem can manifest
19 > again in the future, with this or another computer).
20 >
21 > So I want a way to tell the kernel or X11 to ignore mouse motion.
22 > Either to shut down mouse motion completely, or to allow it but to
23 > ignore it for the effect considering the computer as idle. I have
24 > performed a quick read of kernel code and of the xorg.conf man page
25 > but I see no clue.
26 >
27 > Anybody knows?