From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Shadow Remote Desktop to connect to Windows 10
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 19:20:25
1 On Wednesday, 13 June 2018 20:07:41 BST thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > On 06/13/2018 11:47 AM, Mick wrote:
3 > > On Wednesday, 13 June 2018 18:33:35 BST R0b0t1 wrote:
4 > [snip]
5 >
6 > > Also note that by default the MSWindows Remote Desktop on a workstation
7 > > will only allow one user at a time to use the desktop. There is however
8 > > a Remote Assistance facility which you may be able to use to connect to a
9 > > desktop session without disconnecting the already logged in user. Type
10 > > msra.exe in the search bar to launch it.
11 > >
12 > > I'm not sure if it is possible to connect from Linux with freerdp or other
13 > > clients, but you should be able to connect from another Windows 10 PC.
14 >
15 > No, I can not find msra.exe.
16 > It is suppose to be on run on the Windows 7 - I'm connecting from
17 > or on Windows 10 - I'm connecting to?
18
19 It is on Windows 10. You will activate RA and invite the Windows 7 PC to
20 connect remotely to your desktop session on Windows 10.
23 > I've tried to install on Windows 7 "RDPWrap" from"
24 > https://github.com/stascorp/rdpwrap/releases
25 >
26 > It didn't do anything!
27 >
28 > --
29 > Thelma
30
31 I didn't know of RPWrap until I saw this thread, so I'm not the best person to
32 advise you.
35 Regards,
36 Mick