From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Did I just get hacked???
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 16:37:22
1 On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 09:32:47AM -0600, Penguin Lover Dan Farrell squawked:
2 > > I can see in an xfce4 panel plugin that there is constantly a small
3 > > amount of incoming/outgoing traffic to/from the affected system when
4 > > there is no reason I know of for it. netstat doesn't show anything
5 > > that jumps out at me although this is the first time I've really used
6 > > it. All of the current netstat connections appear to be UNIX as
7 > > opposed to Internet. Should I paste them in?
8 > >
9 > > - Grant
10 > > [Error decoding BASE64]
11 > nope, they're all local socket connections. What kind of traffic are
12 > you seeing, i mean how much? Ever heard of tcpdump?
13
14 also, what about netstat --ip, that should omit the local sockets.
15
16 W
19 Pintsize: Nooooooo! I'm lactose intolerant!
20 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 66 days, 14:50
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list