From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Replacements for ivman
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 22:57:00
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Saturday 11 October 2008 22:58:06 Dale wrote:
5 >> I have hal, dbus and ivman installed here. They work fine. Since it
6 >> works, that may be why it is not being updated. Don't fix what works. ;-)
9 > How have you got it set up and how long has it been that way? Experienced any
10 > brokenness while it's been in use?
15 Basically, I just emerged it and restarted KDE. It just worked. I
16 don't recall changing anything as far as configs go.
17
18 It has been that way for a pretty long while. I did have a version
19 problem once a while back. I think it was when udev made some changes
20 or something, but hal and ivman sort of had a fight over devices like my
21 camera. Hard drives were fine tho.
22
23 Dale
24